These are my links for March 4th through March 8th:
- Digital Lift Off – Digital media spending officially passes print.
- The New News – Where are we really getting our news? Stats from Pew Internet -
- Advertising on Facebook Strikes Some as Off-Key – NYTimes.com – Ad quality on Facebook is getting noticably spammy. I often “delete” ads for “irrelevance” so that Facebook will take the hint, but I’m realizing that what I really want is a way to mark an ad as “low quality” or “spam”. Facebook might investigate these ads differently than the ones I mark irrelevant. I’d be flagging them as detrimental to the whole FB ad platform, not just irrelevant to my interests.
- How to Add / Embed YouTube Videos & Flash in Facebook Static FBML pages – A very clear tutorial on how to show a YouTube video on a Facebook Fan Page. Make sure you install the Static FBML app, then use the FBML markup here.
- 8 Essential Apps for Your Brand’s Facebook Page – Thanks to Allison Driscoll’s for this Mashable article recommending possibly the 8 best apps for Facebook Fan Pages. The second half of this article goes into Facebook Fan pages that are utilizing these Facebook Apps well. The article is 9 months old, but she’s provided a nice little Facebook Fan Page best practices guide here.